Our privacy commitment
The Privacy Act 1988 sets out a number of Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Our aim is to both support these principles and ensure that we comply with them. Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au
References to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘LWP’ in this document refer to all functions and employees of LWP Property Group Pty Ltd. For information on how to contact LWP, please see ‘Contacting us’ below.
What kind of information we collect
We collect only relevant information about you that is needed to provide our services, as the law allows and/or requires us to collect. We may collect personal and sensitive information about you that is not generally available to the public. The information we collect varies depending on services you request and use.
We are likely to collect personal information, such as your contact details and other identifying information, necessary for our business dealings with you. This may include;
• email address
• postal/residential address
• telephone number(s)
• home ownership status
• purchase intention(s)
• home and land preference(s)
• how you heard about LWP
Please be advised that if you provide inaccurate or incomplete information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking.
How we collect information
LWP collects personal information in a number of ways. These include:
• Directly from you, when you attend face-to-face in one of our offices;
• Directly from you, when you provide information through a data collection form;
• Directly from you, when you provide information by phone;
• Directly from you, via an email or the internet.
Why we collect information and how we protect and use it
We need to collect some information from you so that we can provide you with an appropriate service. Where appropriate your information may be used to advise you of products or services we offer which we believe might suit your needs. If at any stage you wish to stop receiving direct marketing material, you may contact us with this request. We maintain a register for those individuals who do not wish to receive marketing material.
LWP is committed to keeping your personal information confidential. We use a combination of technologies, systems and processes to control and limit access to your information. Your personal information is stored across multiple locations within the LWP database for better security and further control over who has access to your records. We refer to this information collectively as your “client file”. These files are accessible to authorised personnel only. They are stored on a secure computer database owned and operated by LWP and protected by security systems that monitor, control and protect access. All computer-based information is protected through the use of access passwords and data is backed up regularly.
All of our staff are trained to respect client privacy, and they are only given access to the information necessary to perform their jobs and provide service to you, to the extent practical for their individual job roles. No one except our employees has regular access to the LWP computer system and records storage and we have internal physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information you provide us and the information we collect about you.
Keeping your information up-to-date
LWP takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To ensure that we are able to maintain this level of accuracy and completeness, we ask that you:
• Inform us of any errors in your personal information as soon as possible; and
• Update us with any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
Accessing your information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law. We ask that you provide your request for access in writing (for security reasons) using the contact details below and we will provide you with access to that personal information. Access to the requested personal information may include: providing you with copies, providing you with the opportunity for inspection, or providing you with a summary.
It is a legislative requirement that we keep all records for a period of at least seven years. Should you cease to be a client of ours, we will maintain your personal information on or off site, in a secure manner, for a minimum of seven years. After this time, the information will be destroyed.
You are welcome to access your personal information at any stage at no charge. Some exceptions exist where we will not provide you with access to your personal information. We will not provide you with a copy of your personal file if:
• Providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of a person;
• Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• The request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
• The information is related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
• Providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
• Providing access would be unlawful;
• Denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
• Providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body, or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security.
If you are a member of the LWP Advantage, simply login and update your information directly through that site.
Should we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with a written explanation for that refusal. All applications for access of personal information can be addressed to the Group Manager, Marketing & Sustainability, LWP Property Group Pty Ltd, 34 Main Street, Ellenbrook WA 6069.
How we may disclose your information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of LWP. The organisations to which we disclose information may include (but is not limited to):
• Financial Institutions
• Real estate agents selling on behalf of LWP Property Group
• Settlement Agents
• Landscape Contractors
• Fencing Contractors
• Telecommunication Providers
• Welcome Gift Co-ordinators
• Market Research Companies
• Community Organisations
• Financial Brokers
From time to time, LWP uses overseas third party services for surveys or emails to many clients at once. Please be advised that these companies may have different privacy policies to LWP. However, we will only use third party providers which are trusted and are vigilant in protecting your information.
You can contact us in person or by phone, fax, post or online, using the below details:
• Phone: 08 9297 9900
• Fax number: 08 9296 9100
• Postal Address: 34 Main Street, Ellenbrook WA 6069 Australia
• Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to ask a question, give feedback, or make a complaint about any potential breach of your privacy rights, please contact LWP using any of the contact details above. Any complaints will be responded to within seven days. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.